Originally Posted by The Oracle
No disrespect intended, but I did not respond to this thread again because every one of the responses was so far off the mark in terms of exhibiting an understanding of any of the following crucial issues that I felt there was nothing to be gained by further discussion;
1. The history of judicial review, specifically related to levels of scrutiny accorded to Second Amendment issues.
2. The nature of the Supremacy Clause as it relates to Federal power and state sovereignty.
3. The spheres of power given to Federal and state governments, and the likelihood that a state law/constitution which prevents/interferes with a Federal objective will be struck down.
4. The specific political philosophies underpinning the Supreme Court's repeated decisions to NOT use strict scrutiny as the standard of review related directly to a deference to legislatures, (both state and federal) to formulate reasonable gun laws, and this deference is also accorded to maintain a balance of power between the 3 branches of government (whether state or Fed).
5. The significance of the Heller (also see McDonald) decision as it relates to declaring an individual right to keep and bear arms an Individual, and FUNDAMENTAL Right, ....and still deciding NOT to use strict scrutiny as the standard of review for this particular Fundamental Right.
What is wrong with you? This has nothing to do with federal law.
Getting to the point now, IF more of society were just like you are (and lets not forget CF in this) in your law enforcement grudge. I would spite the Constitution and do everything in my power to see that your protections were stripped away as soon as possible. I would do this just to throw it in your face because I could. I LOVE the Constitution BTW, I just really dislike dirtbags like yourself. -- BlackPaladin
Last edited by certifiedfunds; 11-30-2012 at 06:36..