View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 10:18   #68
mac66
Plant the seed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBlue View Post
There is a reason the pope made the crossbow illegal to use in war.

I am not suggesting the bow/crossbow vs. glock. I am suggesting bow when the other option is a machete/sword.

Even if I only get off one aimed shot before I have to drop the bow and go hand to hand, I am still better off than the person with no distance weapon.

I will try shooting three moving targets.

Tell me how much luck have you had hunting with a machete or sword?
The OP was talking about melee weapons. A bow/cross bow isn't a melee weapon. It is probably not the best weapon for hand to hand fighting

I carry a machete in my truck and on my ATVs and when walking/riding around on my hunting property. It is the single most useful tool when out in the woods IMO. I've dug holes, cut down trees, built shelters, chopped fire wood, carved up animals for the stew pot with mine. It can be a formidable weapon as well.

On the other hand if you had a machete you could make a bow, spear, spikes, snares, traps to hunt with.

Point is, if given a choice between a bow and a machete for surviving in the woods, I'd pick the machete.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
mac66 is offline   Reply With Quote