View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 20:10   #46
Caver 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBennett View Post
agreed, saw that animals are animals yeah we fall in love with them but thats just it they are still animals. If I could with a Minimum of risk save a pet I would do it..but if id have to honestly have to risk mine or a family members life to do so thats when you have to remember that no matter how attached we get that they are just that Animals and not worth risking life for IMO. of course others will have different opinions...thats fine...I dont insist that they agree with me...do I think its foolish to value our pets lives as much as ours yes. I think God gave humans something special he didnt give to animals...and thus I value human life over animals. (Well most human life I should say there are some that would never be worth saving but thats another subject...( im not talking criminals,dirt bags, etc or any of those types)

I read that article earlier today and quickly thought..nope id not have done that id have stopped the rest of my family from doing that either. Id have felt horrible but i also known id have made the right decision.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merkavaboy View Post
For those who would risk their life to save an animal (any animal including pets), feel free to answer this question:

Assuming that you have family/friends who love you and/or rely on you to keep them safe, do you think that they will miss you and mourn your death more than that animal you tried to save?

OR, would your loving spouse, child, mother, father, brother, sister, close friend etc. mourn the loss of YOUR life more than that of the animal if you we're to lose YOUR life trying to save an animal (especially a pet)?

Just how selfish would you be if you were to sacrafice your life over that of a family pet or any animal?

In the story posted by the OP there is 2 survivors, the young daughter who called 911 and watched her ENTIRE FAMILY drown, and the dog. This girl will live her entire life without the love and comfort of her family. Do any of you animal lovers think that the death of this girl's mother, father and brother worth their ultimate sacrafice trying to save one stinkin' dog?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock20 10mm View Post
My dogs have a job, if they die in the execution of their job then so be it. I don't get emotionally attached to animals. I respect them, appreciate their service and make their life as comfortable and loving as realistically possible.

But they are not humans, they do not have human thought process and they are low on the hierarchy of value when it comes to life choices.
No animal is worth risking even the most worthless human life over IMO. I love my dog and cat, but the only way I'd try to save them is if there was no risk to my life. Animals do not have a soul. Even the most worthless human has a soul and possibly one day they will come to know Jesus and be saved. No animal can ever do that.

If my pet gets sick, I can and will put a bullet in it's brain without a thought. For instance a few years ago an adult cat we adopted got leukemia. After a consult with a vet, I took it home, put a piece of it's favorite food in front of it, and while the cat was eating I put him down. Done the same to other pets over the years. Would never do something like that to a human, unless they were a threat to me or my loved ones.
Caver 60 is offline   Reply With Quote