Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk
I heard this on the news, and was wondering what time Bren was going to start the thread.
I don't think your narration of what transpired is entirely accurate.
- "Boy" is a 16 yr old.
- He threw a stick in the ocean, the dog went to get it
- The boy went to get the dog (1st bad idea)
- The dad went to get the boy.
- The boy emerged from the water, did not see his dad
- Mom and boy went to find dad
- All three perish
- The dog (very naturally) is upwind a bit wondering where everyone is.
Very very tragic. When I was 12yrs old I MIGHT have gone in after my dog as well. We don't know the mindset of the boy, and/or his level of emotional development/maturity.