View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 18:13   #272
JW1178

Okay, a lot of you are very pro Free Market. Well, it's a free market, Union or not. Don't buy Union products. Don't hire Union. Don't open a business in a Union territory. If a Union comes, shut down. Capitolisim and Free Markets work both ways, wheather you are the worker or the employee, or even the customer. LET THE FREE MARKET SORT ITSELF OUT. Why should the owners be the only one dealing the cards? Why should everything be in their favor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by berto62 View Post
Bet these guys wish they had a union.

Former skilled laborers imported from the Philippines to work for Grand Isle Shipyard Inc filed a class-action lawsuit against the company a year ago charging it with abusive and exploitative working conditions, including requiring them to pay between $2,000 and $3,500 a month to live in 10-foot by 10-foot rooms, six to a room, on a work barge and in a Galliano bunkhouse that had been converted from a bowling alley

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...harged_wi.html
If things were the was some on here would like, that would happen here. Those who control the money have the power and if they were unrestircited, they would make things this way here in the US. The smart and tallented would figure it out. I guess they would deserve to reap the bennifits of this because they are smart, right?

Look at the sweat shop textile mills of the 1800's. Hey, why should they pay more than enough for someone to barely eat, if they don't like it they can leave and starve. Keep enough people starving you create the desparation to keep the labor force going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenpoprofessor View Post
Hey, they can go right back where they came from if they don't like it.

All I see is a bunch of soldiers in the sandbox under very similar conditions, and a contract that says they can't leave unless they're willing to go to jail.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

No comparison. You don't get a job in the Army as a Soldier, you JOIN the Army. There is a huge difference.

Like I said, let the free market settle itself out. It just did with Hostess.
JW1178 is offline   Reply With Quote