Thread: Lone_Wolfe
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 07:59   #9746
BobInTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
Lady Glock, how's your back doing? Same question for you, Bob and Magnus. Bob, how did therapy go?

Thanks, I'm doing the best I can. Today's agenda included the pool, the jacuzzi, and Mexican food for dinner. That's about it.

Gun stories? You'd think this place was a gun forum!!!

Oh, wait......

I guess I'll tell about something that happened to me that's been bothering me for over a week now. The night before I started this trip I was cleaning out the safe that used to hold most of my guns when I had then. It also had other stuff in there that was stacked up on the floor. When the guns were taken out of there in 2009 I was overseas, so I didn't check befind to be sure no guns were missed. Turns out one was, a revolver.

I found it the night before I was riding to Mobile, then flying to Phoenix. A GT'er in Phoenix had seen a pic of this gun a while back, and really wanted it. I decided to take it with me, and offer it to him for a real good price. While I was in Mobile that plan changed abruptly, and then I didn't want to carry it out here. So I arranged to have it sent to a friend who lives near me. She has it now, but I don't know what's going to happen to it when I get home. Had I been thinking more clearly, I could probably have sold it right there in Mobile.

I was pretty upset when I found it, it was an unpleasant surprise. I don't want it in my house or around me.

No kidding. Want to know how big those AK's looked?
I'm guessing about the size of a howitzer.

My back is doing really well. Unfortunately, my front is growing since I haven't been able to exercise and I stress eat.

The PT was mostly an evaluation session. He just showed me three simple exercises to do before I get out of bed every morning, and then put ice on my back. I am going back today to really get started. I haven't given him the "terrorist" label yet.

Mrs. Bob finished up her PT sessions yesterday. She's doing really good, but she is still using a cane in unfamiliar territory. She's been having trouble with her knees so the dr injected them yesterday.

What bothers you the most about the guns? Is it fear because you had one used on you, or fear you might use it? What is upsetting you? (You know I'm not criticizing you for this)
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote