View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 22:07   #542
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 44,618
Blog Entries: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
I just mean I wouldn't lose sleep over it or anything. Honestly, I hate when any thread is locked on here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
Yes, that was the context...what, do you think I have a stash of bodies I've hid out here personally?

And, the sheriff has bigger problems than what his deputies are doing on random internet forums. Everybody has a life outside of work, even in LE (well, I take that back...not some on here).
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
And I said exactly that earlier...they also don't know me.

I don't know what you're getting at here...I didn't ask for anything from any LEO here, nor do I expect it. If you're referring to the thin blue line, well...I hold that on a professional level in real life, not random strangers on the internet I don't know from Adam.

My personal life and professional life don't mix, ever. I learned to separate the two long ago. When I am working, I do what needs to be done, no question. Not all LEO's get along, there's more than a few officers I know that will work together seamlessly if they have to, but off the clock they'd be happy to beat each other's faces in...that's just life.

And, I already stated earlier I have retired from MMA, most definitely permanently...I have not had a bout since March of 2011. My priority had always been MMA, then after kids and a full-time job it became too much risk and not enough reward. I got into law enforcement because I'm good at it, not because I agree with every single thing I have to do. Some (most) LEO's won't admit to such a thing, even here. But, just because I took the job doesn't mean I throw my beliefs in the trash.

Either way, I still don't hold anything against anybody here in Cop Talk...I don't know any of you personally, and I'm a grown-ass man. I've been punched, kicked, kneed, and elbowed in the face countless times...even shot at...which is more than the 98% of the people on this forum can say. I think I'll be ok.

And yes, despite the schoolyard bully attitude of most here...I'd still have any of your backs if it came down to it, LEO or civilian.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
Bump before I go home in couple hours...keep this going, it's been a slow day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
You must not read well...I specifically said he was living with me at the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
That was pretty much answered in my 1st PM to him, along with some other things.

It wasn't the job...being gone from home working is being gone, no matter what profession. I actually took a leave after my father passed last year, and 6 months after that my daughter was born. I came back because...well, I was ready to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
Ohhhh...a sticky, even better. I like the way you think.

It was, he provided his info to me willingly...I did not ask for it, and he can confirm that. Matter of fact, the PM was deleted immediately.

I've not asked anyone here for any credentials in my 9 years on GT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
Nope. You can look if you want...never. I'm (usually) not on GT to talk about work, I get enough of that every week. I'm also not as critical of others as most LEO's here...I honestly don't have the time for all that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
And the funniest part is, nobody EVER told me what they wanted me to ask him to provide...I figured people would jump at the opportunity, but...nothing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
The first thing I said was what? Radio. Seems like everyone decided not to read that part, they were too busy worrying about the witch hunt.

Asked? More like dogpiled by a bunch of (self-proclaimed) "professionals" that act more like junior-high bullies in a lunchroom. Yeah...who wouldn't be in a hurry to have new friends like that...yeah, I'll pass...just like I have for 9 years now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
Yeah, negative on that. I'm not giving you his info so you can play snitch then thump your chest here on Cop Talk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
I think we're on a different page here. These were things that were already over with, and already going to go public...I just knew it earlier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
Well I don't know how you guys do it, but here radio comes first and the stop is orchestrated by at least 2 deputies at the same time, overheads and all. But, hey whatever man...it was a hypothetical you came up with, I'm sure you did it all perfectly in your head.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
And the PM's keep piling in...these were #6 and 7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
Your info was deleted...I didn't even confirm any of it. I don't need verification from you, and who am I to ask besides some random person on the internet. I believe you are who you say you are.

But, it's not about that anyway...as the PM above mentioned, I have absolutely zero to gain by putting any of my info out here. Hell, I ready have multiple pics from the waist-up on GT. I have seen maybe 1 person's face here...and that was years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
Very "professional" of you. Your agency should offer anger management...inquire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
I could say the same about you, but I'm not a judgmental *******, so I won't. I'm not demanding anything from you.

Just a FYI, I've never seen either of those guys in GNG.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
Imaginary...as if I needed another reason to see you're in denial.

Another PM, in response on your above comment by people who can't post here without fear of retaliation:

This is not a LEO-only forum, everyone can read what you type. THIS is the image you're projecting to the public here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
More denial. Sad, really.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
Of course it was, that's what promo pics look like before they're printed on promo material...the backgrounds are removed.

You're' late to the party...here, is this better? It's a weigh-in with a background.

Cop Talk
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
Well I'm kind of on the couch in pajamas right now, but my setup is on the living room floor beside me if you want a pic of that.

ETA- Nevermind, here's an older one I just found, watch and knife have since been replaced, all the rest is the same.

The only other pic I have on here is from a week or so ago inside my CVPI when it was raining.

Cop Talk
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
They're just flannel, nothing special...it's been kind of chilly down here the past few nights, and leather couches aren't very forgiving in cold weather.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
Actually, you got it right...cinched up it's 32".
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
It is rather cluttered when it's on...I barely have room for the necessities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
Well, in the angle of the pic the belt is sorta smashed making it look like the X26 is on the front. The X26 is normally around 10:00 weak side, and the mags are in front of the G22 right around 1-2:00.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
You've never seen an Agrip? Hands tend to get real sweaty down here in the summer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
I might..couldn't do it right now anyway, duty belt is in bedroom and daughter is asleep in there.

ETA- Anyway, here's the only other work-related pic I have on the phone. Last week was hot and wet, this week it's cold and dry, and next week it'll be cold and wet.

Cop Talk
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
It's a Cadillac compared to that piece of junk Charger they let me try when it first came out. Drove it from about 5am until lunch and was done with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
The Charger looked nice from the outside, and...well, that's where it ended. About the only thing it did better than the CV was handle better (didn't lean as bad on sharp turns).

I'm kind of OCD about keeping vehicles clean...I'll eat in one if I have to, but all trash goes back into the bag it came in and then out of the vehicle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
Settle down before you have an aneurysm.

It's not one of those 4, but very close. The sheriff has served since 1999 or 2000, so closer to 14 years, that is probably why the right parish isn't on the list.

I'm West of Ascension...but that's all you're getting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
Why would I? I wasn't even in LE yet when he first took office.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
And that's understandable since it wasn't your cousin, but I didn't need to know. I knew approx when he took office, and that he was still in office.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
Only when everyone here is asleep, or I'm bored at work.

Cop Talk is always serious business! Where have you been?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
Eh...not really. I've had Netflix going the majority of this thread.

But, I'll admit it was pretty good for a while there...I don't even know how these guys find the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
Sorry haven't been reading much of this...been watching Cop Talk thump chest in GNG. Epic and embarrassing at the same time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
Not really...I've avoided Cop Talk 9 years for a reason. I will gain what by revealing any more personal info on GT than I already have? Nothing.

I get dogpiled, and now if I show credentials we're all best friends?

Yeah...I'll pass, I don't need 'brothers' like that.

Now I see why the same people hang out in Cop Talk instead of GNG...they face no criticism when they're among people that always agree with them.

Anyway, let me get back to these two other threads, I can't miss any of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
Hmm...what about those people that don't like cops all that much, then suddenly 'grow' an agenda after they become one themselves...yeah, nothing going on there...

I get it, everybody feels the need to defend their profession...except for many LEO's here bring it to the level of ridiculous, then end up looking stupid and have to run back here to Cop Talk. I can actually hang out in GNG without issue (except for Civil War threads...those never end well).
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
Anything that isn't praising LE here is going to be considered "absurd claims". I know you have been here long enough to see that.

You know that not many people on my friends list even know I'm in LE?

And cop haters? You mean, people that don't automatically agree with everything that a LEO says on here? Ok, I believe that...I don't' even do that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
Key words there...key words.

I've seen LEO's do the same thing here...actually, quite few times over the course of 9 years on GT.

I have no idea about that, I'd have to go look at his post history. I'm also not in very many threads here about LEO's, so that could explain it...however, when I am I'm usually the odd man out.

The "LEO's are always right, everyone else is always wrong" attitude...isn't always right. I have learned to accept that. To even go into LE with this attitude is doing the public a disservice.

My MMA pics were already on here, and have been for a long time...none of my other info has ever been posted here, to anyone. If you guys have done it, that's your prerogative...I have no issue with that. However, on a forum where such info is not required, just requested...I have the right to contemplate that decision.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
There are no "excuses". As I said above, it's a choice I'm free to think about.

Yes, I did put my MMA pics on here...a long time ago. And I didn't post any "new" ones, the weigh-in pic (and a few others not even in this thread) are on here as well, the resident Cop Talk "photoshop expert" here just didn't look hard enough apparently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
Uh...that weigh-in was at my gym. Have fun finding it anywhere but here, because it was taken with my own camera.

(And I didn't retire from amateur, I retired from pro...as in, had sponsors and got paid)


You guys really should be in GNG...it's getting thick, and somebody just dropped an A-bomb. I'm still

Ain't it sweet? It's a 100% improvement, especially if you live in a hot climate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
The VERY thing I said about LEO's here (one specifically that I won't name)...several other posters confirm it in GNG tonight.

And *I* was being called out with claims I was BS'ing people??
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
Ah...yes, I forgot...only LEO's in Cop Talk speak the gospel truth.

Wait a second, this was a LEO from Cop Talk, not speaking truths, about LEO's.
For the record II
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921

Last edited by RussP; 11-17-2012 at 22:15..
RussP is offline