View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 09:36   #256
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geko45 View Post
Peace Warrior, are you suggesting that biblical scholars discovered the value of pi before moden day mathematicians?
No, never said that, but they most certainly may have known its value. I have no way of knowing one way or another.

Do you believe others, around the same time as 1st Kings was written, or anytime before, knew the value of pi?

Essentially, it is an old wives tale type of thing to claim that the Holy Bible states the value of pi is 3. Practically 100% of the time 1 Kings, chap 7, verse 26 is never mentioned when such a claim is made to Christians. My post with the illustration addressed -am's- false implication.

I'm going back over the thread as i have been accused by people, not even members at GT until this year, that I am skipping posts. I'll be going back and recapping for a while I would guess. Bear with me...
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"Thanks, but I typically don't follow the advice of condescending dolts." -GT's own: badge315

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 11-17-2012 at 09:39..
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote