View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 04:29   #24
arizona_andy
Caliber Realist

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalashniKEV View Post
If I showed up in your house and made you live in the hallway coat closet, how would you feel?
What on Earth does this have to do with the situation in Israel? I assume it's some attempt at an analogy, but it doesn't fly. At all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoGordo View Post
The people who the Israelis kicked out in 1948-49 had been there for generations. I'd say the statute of limitations had already run on that claim.
Israel "kicked out" the Palestinians out in 1948-49? Let's back up a bit..

The Ottoman Empire was defeated in WWI, and Great Britain gained control of the region we know today as Israel.

In 1948, the UN agreed to the formation of the independent State of Israel, as well as an Arab State of Palestine, which comprised about half of what we know as Israel today.

On May 14th 1948, David Ben-Gurion declared the establishment of the Jewish state. The next day much of the Arab world declared war on Israel, rejecting a plan which would have given them an independent Palestine.

The Arabs were defeated, and their chance at controlling Palestine vanished. How anyone can say that Israel is not a legitimate state and just "kicked out" these people simply doesn't understand the events that have occurred leading up to its formation.

Israel should of course take all measures necessary to ensure its survival. I can guarantee you they will never forget the despicable sneak attack launched on them by the Arab world on their most holy day in 1973 -- what we know today as the Yom Kippur war. If they ever let their guard down they will be wiped out, and they know it.

For the record, I am not Jewish -- I just happen to like facts.

"Only tyrants need fear tyrant-killers."
arizona_andy is offline   Reply With Quote