View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 22:36   #269
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
You do not know the cops on here. That's your first and biggest problem.
And I said exactly that earlier...they also don't know me.

Quote:
Some of these guys have had and do have issues with each other, big issues. But, when one of them has problems, personal, job, whatever, they pull together, cover each other's back during the crisis. Afterwards, sometimes, they renewed the pissing contests. But, when the SHTF, we are not alone.
I don't know what you're getting at here...I didn't ask for anything from any LEO here, nor do I expect it. If you're referring to the thin blue line, well...I hold that on a professional level in real life, not random strangers on the internet I don't know from Adam.

Quote:
You do not come across as one to rely on to cover your LE brother. You come across as being all about you, the professional MMA fighter who loves the attention in the center of the cage. You've been fighting professionally since you were a teen. How do you train as a full time professional fighter and hold down a full time LE job? What was your priority?

Why did you get into law enforcement, anyway?
My personal life and professional life don't mix, ever. I learned to separate the two long ago. When I am working, I do what needs to be done, no question. Not all LEO's get along, there's more than a few officers I know that will work together seamlessly if they have to, but off the clock they'd be happy to beat each other's faces in...that's just life.

And, I already stated earlier I have retired from MMA, most definitely permanently...I have not had a bout since March of 2011. My priority had always been MMA, then after kids and a full-time job it became too much risk and not enough reward. I got into law enforcement because I'm good at it, not because I agree with every single thing I have to do. Some (most) LEO's won't admit to such a thing, even here. But, just because I took the job doesn't mean I throw my beliefs in the trash.

Either way, I still don't hold anything against anybody here in Cop Talk...I don't know any of you personally, and I'm a grown-ass man. I've been punched, kicked, kneed, and elbowed in the face countless times...even shot at...which is more than the 98% of the people on this forum can say. I think I'll be ok.

And yes, despite the schoolyard bully attitude of most here...I'd still have any of your backs if it came down to it, LEO or civilian.

Last edited by tantrix; 11-14-2012 at 22:49..