View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 14:31   #148
golls17
Lifetime Newbie

In the other thread:

Quote:
I'm almost 10 years on the job, been shot at, and watched 2 SWAT buddies die.
He admitted to not being on SWAT, but his buddies were. Here's what I could find using "[county] swat death" on google.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dac1204 View Post
While I am not a cop my brother and his wife are. I took the liberty of doing some research for this thread since he will not answer the question.

There are only four sheriffs' in his state (assuming hes telling the truth about that) that have been in off for 16 years. That is how long he said his cousin had been sheriff. Here they are.

ASCENSION PARISH
JEFFREY WILEY
1996 YEAR ASSUMED OFFICE
Squadoosh

Quote:
MADISON PARISH
LARRY COX
1996 YEAR ASSUMED OFFICE
Goose egg.

Quote:
ST CHARLES PARISH
GREG CHAMPAGNE
1996 YEAR ASSUMED OFFICE
http://www.wwltv.com/news/local/st-j...166383546.html

No mention of SWAT deaths, so let's give the benefit of the doubt that they were SWAT members (even though the article doesn't say). SWAT responded to this incident, but no mention in the article of a SWAT member dying.

Quote:
ST TAMMANY PARISH
JACK STRAIN
1996 YEAR ASSUMED OFFICE
Nada

Quote:
So now he just needs to tell us what county again. I narrowed it down to these four.
I narrowed it down to a possibility for ya...

ETA: of those 4, since 1996, this is all that's on file from ODMP
Quote:
Bio & Incident Details

Tour: 10 years
Badge # 4106
Cause: Weather/Natural disaster
Incident Date: 6/13/2007
Weapon: Not available
Suspect: Not available

Sergeant Linden (Beau) Raimer was killed when a rotted pine tree hit his patrol car.

Sergeant Raimer and passenger were in the funeral procession for Deputy Sheriff Hilery A. Mayo Jr., when the accident happened. The procession was moving through Covington when a violent thunderstorm knocked down numerous trees from Slidell to Covington. A large pine tree hit his patrol car on 21st Avenue, crushing the top of the vehicle and killing Sergeant Raimer instantly. The deputy riding with him, who was also his fiance, was taken to St. Tammany Parish Hospital, paralyzed from the chest down.

Sergeant Raimer had served with the St. Tammany Parish Sheriff's Office for 10 years. He is survived by his parents, sister, two nephews, and fiance.

Read more: http://www.odmp.org/officer/18914-se...#ixzz2CERfUhFN
Quote:
Bio & Incident Details

Tour: 10 years
Badge # 4610
Cause: Automobile accident
Incident Date: 6/9/2007
Weapon: Not available
Suspect: Not available

Deputy Hilery Mayo was killed in an automobile accident on Louisiana 40 while he and another deputy responded to an emergency call.

The patrol car left the roadway, went into a ditch, and then struck a tree. Deputy Mayo was killed and the other deputy, who was riding in the passenger seat, was seriously injured. Both deputies were wearing their seat belts.

Deputy Mayo had served with the St. Tammany Parish Sheriff's Office since 1997. He is survived by his wife, mother, sister, and brother.

Sergeant Linden "Beau" Raimer was killed when a pine tree that had been struck by lightning hit his patrol car while in the funeral procession for Deputy Mayo.

Read more: http://www.odmp.org/officer/18911-de...#ixzz2CERnbAxt
My comments are my own opinions and are not intended to be interpreted as the position of my department.

Last edited by golls17; 11-14-2012 at 14:46..