View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 09:45   #122
Jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerTGO View Post
Your point was better thought out, and more logical, but I really enjoyed Jerry's rant more

Jerry..... I don't want my taxes going to pay teachers to waste time with prayer sessions in schools. If you want your kids to pray, there is plenty of time before school, after school, and during weekends. I would have the same position if your kids wanted to interrupt class to bow to Alluh.
You didn't say "teach" you said "forced to listen to your child pray." I don't believe religion, any religion should be "taught" in public schools. That does mean a child or teacher should be "DENIED" their RIGHT to pray at recess, on brakes on before or after school on school property. It's public property just like the streets that run around it. I guess you would stop a person from praying in the street?

A Christmas-tree and Santa don't represent a religious function, it represents "The Holidays", isn't that what you lefties like to call that time of year. It sure is funny though how The Muslim religion is being "examined, discussed, taught" in public schools while Christianity is taboo. They celebrate Romodon or how ever in the hell it's spelled but don't anyone dare hang up a picture of Santa. Funny how evolution is "taught" but don't mention Creation, that constitutes "religious" speech and will get a teacher fired. Funny how homosexuality is being examined, discussed, taught in public schools while denouncing it will cost a teacher his/her job for hate peach. Education involves discussion all facets, sides and angles of any given subject. All that is being "TAUGHT" is the wrong side of "religion". That's as wrong as teaching religion is "ALL GOOD". How do you feel about your tax money being spent for indoctrination rather than education?
BIG DAWG #4

Liberal: Someone who is so open-minded their brains have fallen out.
Guns are not dangerous, people are.

Last edited by Jerry; 11-14-2012 at 09:56..
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote