View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 15:20   #10
mac66
Plant the seed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR549 View Post
I realize you don't have all the details, but a few things don't really make sense. I don't disagree that it can be done, but it must require some interesting workarounds.

What type of transportation does he use to get from place to place to perform odd jobs?

If he has some motorized transportation, what happens if he gets stopped and asked for his license?

How does he learn of the odd jobs?

What local agencies come around and offer assistance?

Are his spouse and child living the same way?

Does he farm by manual labor and hand tools only or does he use any machinery?

Purchasing serious quantities of farming products usually involves providing information to the seller, i.e. name, residential/business address, farm address, etc.

Does he have electricity/gas/water? I guess not since he's OTG, but that paints an interesting picture. Solar? Well? ? ? ?

I'm not directly asking you for the answers. These are just some things I thought. I'm sure we could all think of something that might seem difficult to do without "existing on paper".
I believe he does have a PU truck and does drive. Apparently paid cash for an old beater, never transferred the title or got plates.

I would guess that welfare groups and health department types come around. If you stay in one place long enough the word eventually gets back to some govt. official somewhere.

I would guess that there is more to this than meets the eye.

Uneasyrider makes a good point. Millions of illegals live that way every day but I suspect they are facilitated by people who are registered somewhere.

Seems to me that it would be nearly impossible to simply grab a big bag of money and disappear. There is always a record of you somewhere and most people cannot function without some sort of connection to the govt.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
mac66 is offline   Reply With Quote