View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 11:35   #1
mrstrau

New-ish Guy from New York..

Hello all,

I've been lurking these boards for about a month, but just got around to posting in the "New Members" thread. So I figured I'd stop in, introduce myself and wish the rest of Glocktalkers the best, you guys run a great board here, I've learned so much already.

I am a 23 year old student, in my last month of my Bachelor's in History program from good old SUNY New Paltz, located about 80 miles north of NYC. I originally wanted to study history to teach, but because of how much history relates to economics, politics and other social issues, I have become very aware that teachers are not doing the best in this country right now, so in all probability I will go for a Masters in Business Administration..I know how tough it is in this economy, my loving parents kicked me out to fend for myself when I was just 17. Contrary to their beliefs, however, I've kept my **** together and will soon be graduating, on top of working full time.

I am a gun enthusiast, and although I grew up around guns, I didn't own any until the past few years. I picked up my first rifle in 2010, a Romanian AK variant, which is now tacticool'ed out.

I recently paid for my first handgun, a gen4 G23, but alas, I still do not possess it, due to the ridiculousness of NYS's CCW laws. I applied in January of this year, only got fingerprinted in September, and now am in the midst of a 4 to 6 month waiting process. Optimistically, I should have my permit by next month or January, although it could take the pistol bureau up to March of next year to issue a permit.

Jealous of all you folks who can walk into a gun shop and walk out with a handgun after a background test. Will soon be moving west, hopefully to Colorado, Utah or the like.

Anyway, best wishes to all, and thanks for running such a great forum.

-mrstrau