View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 09:04   #1
Batesmotel

Is being accused of racism the new insult or threat?

In the past week I have been called a racist three times.

Once because I hired a couple of Mexican nationals to do some work. One was a laborer from a temp agency and the other was a rather skilled finish carpenter who is self employed. The carpenter came well recommended and the temp agency just sent someone. Nationality had nothing to do with it. But because I had a Mexican doing manual work I am a racist?

Second time was because I declined to have a drink of Mescal at dinner during a social function. He said I must hate Mexicans. Problem is I don't drink at all. If I refused a shot of Ouzo would that mean I hate Greeks?

And today a dirt bag immigration lawyer called me one because I didn't find his client a condo. The guy is a Chinese national who may not be in the US legally. I think his visa expired.

He refused to sigh an agency agreement so he is not legally my client. He wants to pay cash but refuses to get a Proof of Funds letter from his bank. And he refuses to sign a FIRPTA disclosure that is required by all foreign nationals buying or selling property.

Anyone else seeing flippant accusations of racism recently?