View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 07:41   #242
Roger1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucev View Post
You work for yourself. You don't like the hours, etc., tell yourself your quitting. Go to work somewhere else. You can even tell yourself what you demand in order for you to keep working for yourself. Why... you can ultimately cave in and give yourself a raise, better working conditions, etc. It's all up to you.

Those who are employed by a company have every right to act in their own best interest and to do so even if it gets up the nose of the employer. Those who are employed by a company have every right to use the legislative process to force employers to swallow work place rules and regulations that advantage the employee... even if it gives the employer a sore throat. Because employers do exactly the same thing. They do their best to buy legislators who will give them what they want... unrestrained power to do as they please in dealing with employees.
Where the heck does this entitlement mindset so many people seem to have come from?

Do you know what my employer owes me? A paycheck for doing my job weekly to the best of my ability, vacation and sick time as per company guidlines, and the subsidized insurance package that was a condition of my employment that I pay for weekly out of my check. Beyond that, my employer OWES ME NOTHING. My employment is a PRIVELEDGE and certainly not a RIGHT, and I can tell you this with certainty: If I ever fail to accomplish my job to their satisfaction and I fail to continue to be an asset to my employer, they can and will let me go maybe with notice, most likely without. They are a business, not a charity. Only the government is in the business of giving lazy and useless people money they didn't earn.

Last edited by Roger1079; 11-13-2012 at 07:43..
Roger1079 is offline   Reply With Quote