View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 11:53   #60
fastbolt

I can count the number of times I've been in a Walmart on less than the fingers of one hand (and that's been while visiting out-of-state). Don't worry much about what their customers wear.

I have, however, pretty much seen my fill of folks wearing 5.11's, especially after it became the virtual uniform-of-the-day for different training venues, casual days, etc.

Once I found some more comfortable, better-fitting camping/hiking pants at a REI store (with a better array of pockets for my needs), I tried a couple pairs and retired my assortment of range BDU's. Just wish the store carried them in more than one color.

I'll continue to wear jeans in the colder weather, but in the warmer weather my collection of jeans, cargo shorts and hiking pants will let me fit right into how the rest of the folks dress in the coastal mountains where we bought a house, as well as in the coastal beach towns.

I've seen enough "tactical apparel" to last the rest of my life, but I don't mind if other folks wear it, of course.

FWIW, most of the serious hunters I know don't look like they're trying to dress "tactical" as the hunting/field clothing they wear doesn't lend itself to that "look" ... (and they certainly own enough such clothing for SWAT, street enforcement details, range duties, etc).

When it comes right down to it, though, sales keeps businesses going, right?
Sub Club #9; .40 S&W Club #1953; S&W Club #3913
Retired LE - firearms instructor/armorer
fastbolt is offline   Reply With Quote