View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 14:25   #97
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickC50310 View Post
Open carry is NOT legal within city limits which obviously this was within city limits.
Well that's what I meant...open carry is legal here statewide, city limits or not. It is also legal with no permit required.

With that said, nobody has answered my question yet: Since he was open carrying (weapon NOT concealed), why was a CHL permit even requested? Unless Iowa is one of those retarded states where you have to have permit to even open carry...then of course, you're not a true open-carry state to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickC50310 View Post
In Iowa the permit to purchase IS the background check. So you guys in your super duper ultra gun friendly states get to do background checks EVERY time you purchase a firearm. We do one once a year or once every five years if we have a CHL. This allows us to walk in the store, plop down our cash, fill out the 4473, and walk out the door no questions asked. To me it looks like we have a more effective and convenient system!
Permit or not, I can walk in and leave with multiple handguns or rifles in about 10 minutes. I really don't see how it could be any faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger1079 View Post
If this guy had just furnished what the officer asked for, he would have been on his way in no time.
You're assuming. Since some in this thread that even live there can't get their story straight on open carry, and when and where you can do it, not wonder the guy got arrested...the LEO in question probably didn't even know wtf to do.

Last edited by tantrix; 11-10-2012 at 14:38..
tantrix is offline   Reply With Quote