View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 13:33   #10
TK-421

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tongo View Post
"Alivonta had a permit to purchase firearms and one to carry a gun but repeatedly refused to show them to Butler, who was working security in uniform at the store."

I'd take it to mean he WAS wearing his LEO uniform and as such, it should have been fairly obvious to most individuals that he was in fact a LEO.
It doesn't specify which uniform he was wearing. Was he wearing a Walmart Security Guard uniform, or a Police Officer uniform? My guess would be a Walmart Security Guard Uniform, because if I saw a guy wearing that uniform, and he didn't announce himself as an off duty cop, I'd tell him to buzz off when he asked to see my permit. But if the cop was wearing his police uniform, then the guy shouldn't be allowed to carry his gun for being so stupid. If a cop in uniform asked to see my permit, I'd show it to him, required by law or not, because I'd consider it polite, presuming I was required to have a permit to open carry.

However, this is exactly the kind of reason why I prefer concealed carry. Because when done properly, the cop would have had 0 idea the guy was armed, and he wouldn't be in his current predicament.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote