View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 13:20   #238
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
Chips are falling, you should be happy.

I can give you the probable reason for closures: your vollys from four years ago haven't maintained their certs and there's no one qualified to work the stations. You can't expect the full time guys to continue on for free. They're too busy looking for work.

I hope that things work out for y'all. I mean that sincerely. I also hope you continue to post on the matter; I think it's fascinating and instructive and much easier to understand than the same issue on a state or national scale.
I am. I said upthread I'd rather pay Allstate than be held hostage.

There are no more vollys. It used to be I'd see them all over town. They had decals on their windows. It just occurred to me that I don't see them any more.

Its not going to be easy, however, we had the department we wanted and were willing to pay for. The renewal tax passed 50-40 ish. The new money failed 60-30. Clearly I'm not alone.

up until the last 4 years we were just fine with what we had. Now we can't afford what we've been given. Previous tax was sufficient to fund expansion, equipment, training etc. It wasn't until they switched to paid and then unionized that the budget got busted.

Last edited by certifiedfunds; 11-09-2012 at 13:20..
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote