View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 11:17   #18
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentguy View Post
Greetings,

A couple of days ago I had an itch to shoot some .22's. I have a Savage mark II BXP rifle with a Bushnell scope and a Colt Gold Cup 1911 Government model w/5" barrel and the ammo I had was the Federal bulk pack stuff, CCI Stinger & Velocitor rounds. Everything cycled fine with the exception of just a few of the Federal's in my Colt pistol.

I was wondering what do you folks like to shoot when you hit the range for .22 LR time? The ones I mentioned above is my usual ammo but I would like to try something different.

Any suggestions?
CCI .22lr is awesome.

Stingers and Velocitors would not be my choice for the range due to lack of accuracy. Mini Mags have enough oomph to run even dirty semi autos, virtually never fail to fire (mine never have), and are reasonably accurate.

CCI Standard Velocity is a good inexpensive target round, especially if you get the stuff packaged in the less expensive boxes vs the expensive plastic.

Federal seems to be the better bulk pack. I understand Remington upgraded theirs, but I refuse to buy it after they marketed the absolute POS that was the "Golden Bullet" for so long.

Wolf Match Target is an excellent target round for the money.

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)
Warp is offline   Reply With Quote