View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 06:22   #603
Trew2Life
#the struggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
Well, this makes you even harder to understand, and for your views to make sense.

I can understand a person who doesn't care about guns pushing a Democratic agenda. I just don't get a gun owner doing it.

The Demos know it is a losing issue for them right now. If Obama gets in again, as a lame duck, Putin won't be the only one waiting for his flexibility to kick in.
I don't vote with my guns and I don't shoot with my politicians (Thank you, Dick Cheney).

I'll be the first one to tell you that many of the democratics platform on gun issues is just plain wrong, but I don't believe they want to ban all gun ownership and/or take away our guns. I do empathize with a society trying desperately to deal with gun related chaos. More important to me than whether or not I can own a high capacity magazine is whether or not hungry children eat, the elderly are provided for and our veterans are honored.

Other than a love of the 2nd Amendment, the GOP just doesn't appeal to my core values.