View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 19:15   #34
fastbolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiro Fijo View Post
99.99% of the time it's the Indian & not the arrow. The quality of shooters has gone down far more than the quality of guns.
Well, I wasn't going to put it quite that way ... but since you brought it up ...

As an instructor, I really miss the days when cops had to learn to shoot DA revolvers.

Having to shoot both strong & weak hand at 25 yards, and out to 50 yards, required the shooter to have some grasp of a good handgun shooting foundation, right?

Show me someone who has learned to accurately, controllably and effectively shoot a medium-framed Magnum DA revolver - in DA mode - having to deal with awkward shaped wooden grip stocks, a heavy & long DA trigger stroke, and learn to aim their shots because they've only got 6 rounds at the ready ... and I'll show you a person I'd much rather transition over to pistols, than try and teach a pistol shooter how to shoot a DA revolver.

I still see some older cops who may grumble about having to deal with loading magazines (instead of cylinders), and having to manipulate slide stop levers, magazine catches and decockers ... but who can drill threat targets as if their guns were radar guided. They may not necessarily like the new-fangled pistols (or cellphones, for that matter), but they've got that whole grip, trigger control & sight alignment/picture process down.
Sub Club #9; .40 S&W Club #1953; S&W Club #3913
Retired LE - firearms instructor/armorer
fastbolt is offline   Reply With Quote