View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 09:44   #5
SARDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiebeGlock View Post
I am trying to gather some info on what you think it the best pointers to give female shooters. Is there any few thing(s) that really annoy you that they do or do not do?

For example, when I go into a shooting range it annoys me that girls are leaning so far back when shooting and their boyfriend isn't helping them out.

Or... I see the guy's letting the girls hold their guns is awful ways including... letting her shoot the gun with her thumb behind the slide!!!

What kind of experiences have you had?
I am a female NRA Instructor/RSO who teaches women and men and co-organize our club's monthly Women's Shooting Group and am the Event Director for our annual Ladies' Day - sponsored by Glock for the last 2 years and co-sponsored by Savage one of those years. If requested, I give additional personal (free) instruction to women on an ongoing basis at our range. Men rarely ask... hmmm...

If I had to pick a couple of problem areas; stance (primarily leaning back) would be on top, followed by grip and then true understanding of sight picture and aspects of trigger control.

BTW, a boyfriend or husband isn't always the best source of help - for all kinds of reasons - and it probably explains why women enjoy our Shooting Group and Ladies' (only) Day so much.
SARDG is offline   Reply With Quote