View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 07:38   #364
dugo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesee View Post
2 Points:

I have hunted all my life and have never seen a reason to carry a handgun in the woods or back country. Sure sign of someone who is uncomfortable there or just trying to play make believe.

And. When I carry in a car, the gun is unloaded and packed in a case.

Uh ... this quote from early in the thread keeps coming up in other posts, so I have to ask help with some confusion.

The best guesses from all others with relevant experience seem to suggest that the claims in the first sentence are contradictory. This suggests the realistic probability that Jonesee must have either NOT "hunted all (his) life", or he has NOT "never seen a reason to carry a handgun in the woods ... (etc.)"

Nothing personal, but logically, with all due respect to Jonesee, everything Jonesee suggests after that has to be kept in question until some adequate explanation of this apparent contradiction is on the table.

Until then, shouldn't we be done with this?..........

[Ed: By the way, I do sympathize with the OP. I had a friendly acquaintance who was stopped in Jersey years ago, and almost got charged with a felony (I think) for having a gun in the glove box (legal where he came from). He was on vacation with his wife and kids -- bad time for them, too.

Lost the gun, and did a night in jail, but was more than lucky to get away without more lasting problems. Yes, he should have checked the law. The only reason he got off that easy was that he was "connected" through his work. Was really scary for 24-36 hours, though. Potential jail/fine, criminal record, career gone ... Very lucky guy.)

Last edited by dugo; 10-31-2012 at 07:49.. Reason: By the way...
dugo is offline   Reply With Quote