View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 16:47   #115
method

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee2718 View Post

If you ask me, while we're talking about the humanity of a kill, bow hunting is just plain stupid then. That's the most inhumane way to kill an animal. The mechanism for death is hemmorhage. An animal will be kicking and screaming for sometimes minutes after a bow shot, yet there is nothing wrong with that. How about all the bow hunters that wound animals and never find them. Ever seen a deer running around with a broken shaft in its thigh? I have. People even hunt elk and bear with bows. But that somehow is more humane than using a .40 handgun that produces both more penetration and foot pounds of energy with the proper bullet selection.

People have successfully hunted everything that walks the earth with bow and arrow. As for humane...I've seen deer shot through the chest with an arrow, and they don't even flinch. They just stand there and then fall on their face dead after several seconds.

There is no comparison whatsoever between an arrow with a sharp broadhead and a .40 pistol. Someone said the two use the same mechanics...crush and cut...uh no. If your arrow is crushing tissue, you need to learn how to sharpen the head. No bullet will cut anywhere near as well as a broadhead either.

eta...you really thing a bullet in the thigh will put a deer down any better? Shot placement counts, for every kind of projectile out there.

Last edited by method; 10-29-2012 at 16:49..
method is offline   Reply With Quote