Originally Posted by tantrix
1) Cost of living - Almost non-existent unless you want to live right in the center of a city.
2) Friendly to outsiders - As friendly as anywhere else I'd suppose...as long as you don't have something like a Boston accent, you'll be fine.
3) Best kept secrets - Nothing is a secret here...but I'd say the food will pretty much hook you for life.
4) Gun laws - Almost none. Shall-issue. Open carry. Any number of firearms, anywhere in the vehicle, loaded or unloaded, with no permit required.
We also have a strong castle doctrine which means if anybody forces entry into your home, feel free to make some extra breathing holes in their chest.
Oh, and I'll have to mention the food one more time.
What he said and more:
5. We aren't called the Sportsman's Paradise for nothing. Hunting, fishing, hiking, boating...you name it, we got it. All manner of inland and coastal recreational activities.
6. We have homestead exemption on the first $75,000 assessed value of your home.
7. Our new constitutional amendment (if passed next month) will almost assure us of constitutional carry and eliminate most local preemptions that were grandfathered in several years ago.
8. If you like casino gaming, in Northwest LA we have five riverboat casinos. There are several Indian reservation casinos and others along the Mississippi river.
9. Depending on where you settle, we are fairly close to attractions in Dallas, Houston, and other major metropolises.