Old 10-17-2012, 23:37   #20
Disregarded9-side
Armchair IPSCer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilgunguygt View Post
You said "certainly no sub 1K dollar 1911 was able to be trusted."
No, that's not what I said. What I said was:

Quote:
The problem and reality is that no 1911, certainly no sub-$1,000 '11, can be TRUSTED out of the box
I do consider that a fact; especially when a life is on the line. Without test firing 100-500 rounds, no cheap 1911 can be trusted to protect your life. Some more modern handgun designs many people feel are much more trustworthy. Ask Bill Wilson, or simply read one of his books. Ask Travis Haley. Ask Masad Ayoob. The 1911 can be an extremely reliable gun when it works correctly, but they're picky animals. It's not as if this is the first time you're hearing this. The gun can't even be considered reliable without a cleaning after every 500 rounds (again, Bill Wilson's words, not mine).

None of this keeps mine from working, nor does it keep it from being my favorite firearm design. I just happen to shoot quite a bit and be a realist.

You're entitled to your opinion, and that's fine. But that's not why I started this thread. If you wish to express your discontent with my opinion more, please feel free to PM me.

Which thumb safety profile do y'all prefer? Must be extended and ambi for my use. I have a very high tang grip and my thumb rides the safety.

Last edited by Disregarded9-side; 10-17-2012 at 23:45..
Disregarded9-side is offline   Reply With Quote