Thread: Why NRA ?
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 13:37   #83
RustyL

Why hell, I'm not concerned what people think about me. I pay state, local, federal taxes, and plenty of it. I was born in this country, I will die in this country, and would serve this country again if need be. I will die for this country if its sovereignty challenged. Marines toughened me up enough to take name calling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarCry View Post
This kind of comment is one of the (many) reasons I don't want to be associated with them. "If you don't believe what I do, then you're worthless". Calling someone a scab because they don't want to join the same group as you? Really? Gotta love that warm, cordial feeling of open arms....

And this is one of the other reasons. YOU may be doing nothing. I have my senators' and representatives' phone numbers locally and in Washington, and they know my position and my name. I do the same at the state level, and they know me, too.

It's a sad state to say that my voice doesn't carry the same weight, but I'm not "doing nothing." I don't need to pay someone else to make phone calls for me.

I appreciate the work they do, I really do. But to imply - or flat out say - I'm not as 'good' of a gun owner because I want to speak for myself is, quite frankly, insulting.
RustyL is offline   Reply With Quote