Thread: Win Primers
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 08:02   #18
dla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADK_40GLKr View Post
I had a mixture of Fed and CCI primers in the batch I tested this afternoon. (This was only my second batch of 25 re-loads.) All the rounds seemed to fire consistently except 1; there appeared to be a good striker mark, but it did not fire. The primer was gold colored, so I guess it was a Federal as the CCI are silver colored.

(Edit: correction: nickel Federals and brass colored Winchester)

I put the FTF round back in the magazine at the end of my range session, and it fired OK.

Brought my G27 home and gave the slide a good detail strip cleaning.

Using 6.8 gn of Power Pistol behind 165 gn plated HP.

Guess I'm ready to make up a batch for next IDPA practice and see how it does.
You're doing something wrong in your priming process. Probably not seating them deep enough. No way should you need a restrike to fire.

I used a zillion Winchester primers - never ever had a dud. Unless they had QC problems at the end of the Obama scare, I'm calling Bull on this Winchester quality myth.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

dla is offline   Reply With Quote