View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 06:52   #154
Bilbo Bagins
Slacked jawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying-Dutchman View Post
The NRA endorsed Romney.

Gun control is very low on the American people’s list of issues.

It would be political suicide to push gun control so even Obama, rated the most Liberal Senator (Biden was rated 2nd) did not touch guns.

Remember who demands gun bans whenever there is a mass shooting. It is only and always the Democrats and we remember.

And now Obama let is slip. Obama wants an AWB and Obama will have more flexibility in a second term.

And remember, Obama likes to bypass Congress and use Executive Orders; expect an AWB Executive Order under Obama.
Not only did Obama mention he wants a new AWB, he want to make handguns more expensive. Here is a direct quote I grabbed from another thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by concretefuzzynuts View Post
Obama quote from the debate:

“My belief is that, (A), we have to enforce the laws we’ve already got, make sure that we’re keeping guns out of the hands of criminals, those who are mentally ill. We’ve done a much better job in terms of background checks, but we’ve got more to do when it comes to enforcement.

“But I also share your belief that weapons that were designed for soldiers in war theaters don’t belong on our streets. And so what I’m trying to do is to get a broader conversation about how do we reduce the violence generally. Part of it is seeing if we can get an assault weapons ban reintroduced. But part of it is also looking at other sources of the violence. Because frankly, in my home town of Chicago, there’s an awful lot of violence and they’re not using AK-47s. They’re using cheap hand guns.”

I guess my guns are more important to me than a promise made to Jeremy.
So expect gun and ammo to be taxed so that that the average joe cannot afford to shoot anymore.

Romney did some stupid things in the past, but he is commited to keep the Status quo with the current gun laws. Also, unlike Obama, he will listen to the GOP voters and the NRA. You got to vote for Romney if you want things to stay they way they are with gun laws.
Bilbo Bagins is offline   Reply With Quote