View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 12:50   #222
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogee View Post
I have a PhD and friends in Germany.
The first statement is suspect, but if true, how is that paying off for you? If it isnt it is in something that doesnt matter.

Quote:
I have friends in Stuttgart and my wife was born in Augsburg. They're appalled at our healthcare system. I don't know how it looks from your end but it looks better from theirs.
I went to Colmar and ate crêpe. I also ate tartiflett in Chamonix. I worked with 10 French people. I guess that makes me more of an expert about French hôpital than you on German Krankenhäuser.

Go ask your "friends in stuttgart" about private and public health care and which one they get in Germany.

But here is some help to start:

http://www.pkv.de

There dirty little secret that the Europeans dont talk about is the difference between public and private insurance. I give you a link, yet you probably still will not believe it exists.

Quote:
You didn't answer my question. Do you think our current system that is driving the middle class and working class into bankruptcy is acceptable?
I didnt incur the debt. Someone else should not be forced to pay unlimited amounts to save you. Most people that in the financial position they are in had a lot to do with the position.

Quote:
The majority of bankruptcies in the U.S. is due to health care costs. The majority of people forced into bankruptcy due to health care costs have insurance. Why should people work and save for retirement if they're just going to end up broke anyway.
WaWaWa. I lost all sympathy for peoples health care payments when I have always paid A LOT of money for health care insurance. What our family had to have done, was not covered by insurance. If we wanted treatment, pay cash up front. It cost me about $25k in cash at a young age. But guess what, it was important enough to have this medical issue taken care of, I paid for it. It is called "priorities".
2x4=8, not 14.
Many of the truths that we cling to depend on our point of view.
DanaT is offline   Reply With Quote