Thread: Egg Beaters
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 07:49   #15
PhotoFeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPS View Post
I am certainly trying to eat heart healthy by cutting down fats and large quantities of red meat and cutting out eggs. I am eating a lot more fruits and grains and fish. What else should I be doing? My cholesterol was just tested last week at 135 total.

I ask in all seriousness and am not looking to argue, just learn others' opinions.

You're on the right track with a moderate fat, high fruit and veggie, whole grain plan. I'm trying to manage the carb intake as well; for example, I now have a big salad, small pasta portion instead of the opposite serving sizes. I've also eliminated (at least for a while) the red wine I've enjoyed almost every evening; this isn't a must, but I'm trying to kick-start the weight loss (and prove to my wife I can do without it).

Add exercise thats consistent with your physical condition. I'm riding a bike each day 30-60 minutes with emphasis on a sensible aerobic pace.

My experience is that weight loss will improve the cholesterol score...lower LDL...higher HDL. Your diet plan and some exercise WILL result in weight loss.

Last edited by PhotoFeller; 10-15-2012 at 07:55..
PhotoFeller is online now   Reply With Quote