View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 22:52   #196
MrGlock21
NRA Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisville Glocker View Post
But to each his own.

I support anyone who wants to believe whatever they want. As long as they don't try to push their views on me. However, that is exactly what happens in organized religions. I get people knocking on my door. I get laws passed based on what "God wants." Heck, even for little things like no alcohol sales on Sundays, God's will. And it gets more serious when God is telling our president what to do....and of course telling us what kind of science our children are or are not allowed to learn.

Sorry, but this discussion naturally leads right into religion and politics. Can of worms here.

But again, I'll support anyone's right to believe. Until they push it on me.
No you don't. Not really. You won't support anyone's right to believe. Your lack of self awareness is sad. At best, you tolerate, because you have to, in a framework of non violent civilisation at least.

No matter what anybody believes, being it the Good Lord of the Bible, Buddha ...or the Spaghettimonster in Secularia, will translate into behaviour and actions accordingly. So unless somebody else believes exactly the same as you do, there will always be friction and a "push it on me".

Don't be thin skinned. Religious people knocking on your door? Big deal. Do you despise sales men in equal measure?

Last edited by MrGlock21; 10-15-2012 at 00:02..
MrGlock21 is offline   Reply With Quote