View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 16:32   #20
unit1069

Quote:
Originally Posted by avenues165 View Post
I was specifically thinking about range time with standard pressure rounds, but it is a good point. Although, I still wonder if the +p and +p+ stuff causes as much wear as a 357 sig. I am afraid it is beyond my limited knowledge base.
I think it all depends on the build of the pistol. I have one 9mm pistol that can shoot +P and +P+ ammo without any concern and another that the maker warns against shooting anything but standard pressure ammo. I am confident that my 3rd generation G-32 can shoot the normal (1325-1375 fps) .357sig rounds without any worries and I wouldn't think twice about shooting hotter ammo through this pistol if I had a mind to. But anytime ammo is loaded "hot" it results in more pressures on the gun, whatever the caliber.

Quote:
After spending some time shooting GDs out of the G23 and G24 at "reactive" targets (water bottles, wet cardboard, clay mud, fruits, etc), I think that they are plenty for SD*.
I'm sure the Gold Dots in those platforms are more than adequate for self-defense.