View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 05:08   #19
E-2-E
Long Trail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck66 View Post
I'm with you. I get wanting to expose kids to shooting/guns at an early age. But, taking them to an event that typically seems to be populated by every mouth-breathing, inbred moron in 3 states isn't a part of my plan for my kids. Too much of what happened here for me to take my kids.

If I go and get shot by bubba, that's my problem, but I'm not going to put my child at risk. I don't take them to ranges either. If they shoot, it's on my land. Occasionally, they might make it into a gun store. When one of them asks me to take them, it might be different. But since they have no interest in being there for the time being(they're still pretty young) I see no reason to expose them to the sea of morons at my local shows.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Exactly, right on

Now, my son and daughter have been exposed to firearms their whole life, never hidden , but certainly not just laying around either. The both of them went to my gun club range, early morning when we had the place all to ourselves, at age 10-12. I've taken my son to a gun show once at age 14. They both hold concealed carry permits since turning 21, both own Glocks.

I'm all for teaching children respect, and getting them into the shooting sports.

I didn't mean to offend anyone with my comment, just my opinion.

On a side note, I haven't been to a gun show in 10 yrs or more, nothing but junk vendors, overpriced guns & ammo, and wading my way through rude and ignorant people that clog up the isle BS'ing
I'm sickened by all religions. Religion has divided people. I don't think there's any difference between the pope wearing a large hat and parading around with a smoking purse and an African painting his face white and praying to a rock.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by E-2-E; 10-14-2012 at 05:12..
E-2-E is offline   Reply With Quote