Thread: Mammograms
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 23:55   #13
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by onalandline View Post
My MIL had breast cancer. Not sure what stage she was, but she had a mastectomy, chemo and radiation. She is a 20 year survivor so far. My FIL had bladder cancer, and is a 27 year survivor so far. Unfortunately, my SIL, their daughter, died at the age of 33 from IBC (Inflammatory Breast Cancer). It is fairly rare, but may be the most aggressive form of breast cancer. Needless to say, my wife has had concerns over the last several years. She has had mammograms starting around 30-ish. She is 42 now. I am concerned thought about the cumulative effects of the radiation/compression associated with mammograms. With her family history, she should be getting ultrasounds as a safer alternative, I believe. Recent studies have shown a possible link between mammography and breast cancer. It kinda scares me to think that what you are doing to help yourself, may be harmful. Here is a link to a doctor's article about using thermography as a screening tool. I have to ask my wife's doctor about this.

Just FYI (I have no affiliation with this): http://naturalhealthcenter.mercola.c...rmography.aspx
IBC IS the most aggessive form of breast cancer, even more aggressive than what I have. May your SIL rest in peace.

Please tell your wife to inquire about the BRAC analysis. that's a test to determine if she's genetically pre-dosposed to breast cancer. If she is, that's something your doc needs to know.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Last edited by Lone_Wolfe; 10-13-2012 at 23:59..
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote