View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 14:26   #12
Beretta92guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
After living in regular suburbs for all my life, I don't think I could ever live in a place with an HOA, too many horror stories, too many stupid rules. I live in the USA because I want to have the freedom to do what I want. If I wanted someone constantly telling me I have to keep my lawn looking good, and to keep the front of my house clean, and all that, I'd live in a different country. I've even heard of stories where HOAs have banned kids from playing outside, in the front or the backyards, because they don't think it provides a proper image for the community.
ABSO-FREAKING-LUTELY correct........

why in the hell would you want to live in some communist dictatorship of a HOA????

i live on a street that is not HOA, but once you go past the four-way stop about a half-block up my street there is a HOA neighborhood, and my house is not included.......

about a year ago i get a knock on my door and its two people doing neighborhood HOA watches..i guess they were new to the HOA and did not know the boundary ended at the stop sign.......they proceeded to tell me that my grass was too tall and i could not park my car on the street after 7 pm....

i told them to go choke on an ethiopian goats nut bag and get the hell off of my NON HOA property......and was not the least bit polite when i said those exact words, either......

oh yeah, i forgot, my town had a nationally published news story about a couple suing their HOA because they had a child who had a disability and they built her a playhouse in the BACK YARD....the HOA sued them to get it removed.......the courts backed the HOA.....and the couple sold the house and told the HOA to shove it where the sun don't shine......

Last edited by Beretta92guy; 10-13-2012 at 14:33..
Beretta92guy is offline   Reply With Quote