Thread: Mammograms
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 12:32   #12
onalandline
Me Got Gun!

My MIL had breast cancer. Not sure what stage she was, but she had a mastectomy, chemo and radiation. She is a 20 year survivor so far. My FIL had bladder cancer, and is a 27 year survivor so far. Unfortunately, my SIL, their daughter, died at the age of 33 from IBC (Inflammatory Breast Cancer). It is fairly rare, but may be the most aggressive form of breast cancer. Needless to say, my wife has had concerns over the last several years. She has had mammograms starting around 30-ish. She is 42 now. I am concerned thought about the cumulative effects of the radiation/compression associated with mammograms. With her family history, she should be getting ultrasounds as a safer alternative, I believe. Recent studies have shown a possible link between mammography and breast cancer. It kinda scares me to think that what you are doing to help yourself, may be harmful. Here is a link to a doctor's article about using thermography as a screening tool. I have to ask my wife's doctor about this.

Just FYI (I have no affiliation with this): http://naturalhealthcenter.mercola.c...rmography.aspx