View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 16:24   #2
fredj338

I would never want to rely on a boutique ammo manuf for my carry rounds, That is just me, but if it doesn't come from one of the majors, I am likely not going there. So yes, there are a few +P or +P + loads that are close to 357sig, but they are not cheap compared to 357sig, often cost more. Round count, depends. In Kommifornia, I get 10+1, regardless fo caliber, so round count is pretty moot. I would go 357sig over 9mm in the same platforms. I like the 357sig, shoot it as well as 9mm+P+ so I'll take the extra 75-100fps. In smaller compact or subcompact, I choose the 9mm in a +P laoding. Cost of ammo doesn;t matter to me as I relaod all my practice stuff & 357sig loads for the same cost as 9mm+P.
"Given adequate penetration, a larger diameter bullet will have an edge in wounding effectiveness. It will damage a blood vessel the smaller projectile barely misses. The larger permanent cavity may lead to faster blood loss. Although such an edge clearly exists, its significance cannot be quantified".

Last edited by fredj338; 10-12-2012 at 16:26..
fredj338 is offline   Reply With Quote