Thread: My first AK.
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 00:43   #22
MeanAction
MeanAction

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWI View Post
As far as weight savings go, I agree with cutting weight on the front of the rifle. It does make the rifle easier to handle.
I learned this through experimenting with different set ups, various handguards, vfg, AFG, etc.
I eventually ended up with an Ultimak gas tube with a micro red dot on it and a K-Var lower handguard on both my AKs and this is what I plan to stay with for the foreseeable future. I find it to be ergonomically comfortable, light weight, and heat resistant. Basically, it's a high speed low drag set up to help combat my low speed and high drag. lol

Everyone is different, so YMMV.
Upon further review my Reflex sight weights 7.6 ounces not 11. So, if it hits the mark I'll stay with it since the weight difference is less than double instead of more than double. I think you're right about the primary arms micro, they are sold out of those bad boys everywhere it seems. I still like the look of the micro that's not to say that I will like shooting it though. I think I'm going to spend my hard earned cash on mags and ammo though.
MeanAction is offline   Reply With Quote