View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 23:44   #105
Grabbrass

Quote:
Originally Posted by uptomyneck View Post
It doesn't matter what was said is true or not. People will remember Biden's good acting and deliverance over Ryan's staleness and weak responses.

Biden won this debate hands down.
Actually I've been browsing comments on a few different sites and was surprised to find a LOT of people, especially women, very put off by Biden's rudeness and lack of serious attitude, foolish anger, and condescension. I don't really think Ryan did a very good job of rebutting and steering the topics - he doesn't strike me as a person of colloquial wit - but it seems at least that not being a jackass is good for something. I read that Biden interrupted Ryan 82 times. I didn't count but I watched the debate, and if true it doesn't surprise me. I am very interested to see the time split for this debate. Obama got an extra 4 minutes last week. I'm near certain Biden hogged up on the time too, but where Obama was just slow and meandering in making points, Biden was using up all his time then giving Ryan 10 seconds before blurting out and stopping the response. I'm sure partisan members of the Obama army loved it, but for anyone who actually wanted to hear what both of them had to say, Biden looked like a jerk.

Edit: have to add this - found browsing comments to the yahoo factcheck aplcr0331 linked to above:

"If a wise man has an argument with a fool, the fool only rages and laughs, and there is no quiet." - Proverbs 29:9

Last edited by Grabbrass; 10-11-2012 at 23:51..
Grabbrass is offline   Reply With Quote