View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 21:24   #23
CDR_Glock

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock2740 View Post
I seem to see a bunch of not only just 1911's in general, but upper end 1911's for sale these days. Surely the economy isn't just now catching up to the 1911 crowd? I'm sure the whole 100 year thing has peaked. I wonder how much the semi-custom shops have seen in slowing down on a monthly basis of orders? Wilson got into the 5-6000 range of back orders. I will be interested to see what that number is a year from now. I'm glad that the 1911 world has been so flooded with buisness. But it seems to have hit it's high point and now may be starting to level off, if not start to slowly start slowing down. I don't think it's an economy thing, as I don't see "great" deals out there on high end guns. But I do see a lot more for sale than I used to. Just an observation. What are your thoughts?
High end 1911s are hot in resale. All of mine were Pre-owned. Why? I don't want to have to spend a couple hundred or even more, just to break in a pistol. Most people who are selling have things going on: new baby, lost their job, unplanned bills, etc. they unload at a good price, and I don't need to spend extra money for ammo. Some high end guns have waiting times that can last a few months to a year. It's a win-win for the buyer.

It's not just 1911s, though. I have acquired a few Colt pythons, too, and other higher ticket firearms.

My YouTube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/titaniummd

Last edited by CDR_Glock; 10-11-2012 at 21:25..
CDR_Glock is offline   Reply With Quote