Thread: Why the hate?
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 17:59   #63
fredj338

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado4Wheel View Post
Driving fast on a racetrack is less safe then staying home and watching or playing it on a video game. I still did it for years. People use Titegroup because they like how it feels when you shoot it. Plus it works well. I don't know a single fast powder as good for jacketed as TG. For potential speed and availability of load data.
You did wear helmet & safety harness, so you are limting your risk. Doing otherwise woukld be foolsih. So IMO, laoding w/ TG, especially for noobs, is like racing w/o a helmet & harness.
Yeah, I ahve raced, jumped out of airplanes, hunted DG, etc, but I always gave myself the best chance to not get injured, I see reloading & shooting in the same light.
As to TG being all that & a bag of chips, it just isn't really. A 147gr bullet @ 800fps is just that. Diff powders do have diff recoil impulses, but unless you are at the master class, you aren't really benefitting or even feeling it. Like buying the most expensive gun isn't going to make you a master classs shooter. Again, JMO.
So I'll continue to bash it & try & direct noobs into something "better". It is my mission. The other is getting Obama out of office. Both require getting people to give up their preceptions.
"Given adequate penetration, a larger diameter bullet will have an edge in wounding effectiveness. It will damage a blood vessel the smaller projectile barely misses. The larger permanent cavity may lead to faster blood loss. Although such an edge clearly exists, its significance cannot be quantified".

Last edited by fredj338; 10-11-2012 at 18:02..
fredj338 is offline   Reply With Quote