View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 07:12   #133
Arc Angel
Deus Vult!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raleigh Glocker View Post
Relax. It was a serious question. I've read that some have changed out their 9mm extractors for 40S&W extractors and had success fixing their BTF. I was just wondering if Glock decided to do that wholesale for some reason and I didn't get the memo.
OK! I'm relaxed.

It's just that I'm presently being followed around the board by a real peckerwood who keeps on going out of his way in order to annoy me.

Which reminds me: I owe you an apology for your other thread that, 'Junior' shut down when he called me an, 'intellectual thief'. (Like I'm dumb enough to attempt something like that in front of the entire worldwide web. Imagine! What a testament to my outstanding Christian faith something like that would be!)

Your comment is correct. Some 9mm Glock owners have been able to overcome this problem by using less wobbly, tighter-clawed, 40 caliber extractors instead of the original loosely fitting, open-clawed, 9mm extractors their pistols initially came with.

I've already tried this; and while it worked marginally well, at the same time, too much of the expended 9mm brass was getting caught and held onto by the tighter 40 caliber claw.

Glock GmbH/Inc. is going to have to do one of two things in order to solve this problem: (1) Return to the precision-manufactured milled steel 9mm and 40 caliber extractors they used to use; or (2) get the mold dimensions of these new MIM extractors EXACTLY CORRECT (as they appear to have lucked out and accomplished with their new 45 ACP Glocks).

Of course, before any of this happens, the first thing Glock GmbH/Inc. is going to have to do is, ADMIT THEY HAVE A PROBLEM, AND AGREE TO SUPPLY THE PARTS NEEDED IN ORDER TO FIX THE MESS THEIR ILL-CONSIDERED COST CUTTING MEASURES HAVE CREATED INSIDE THEIR OWN MARKETPLACE.

Personally, I see no evidence of something like this happening anytime soon - Which is, 'Why' I think sending your troublesome pistol to Smyrna, right now, is a waste of time. But, I don't have a crystal ball; and, who knows, you just might luck out.

Last edited by Arc Angel; 10-11-2012 at 07:19..
Arc Angel is offline   Reply With Quote