View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 09:28   #21
mjkeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMonkey View Post
Who knows? I haven't had any optics fail yet...

Higher price doesn't necessarily mean higher quality, though I don't have a problem buying higher-dollar optics (mainly for Aimpoint's battery life).

I'd like to see actual stats rather than anecdotal evidence. We can all give examples of all types of optics failing or lasting based on our own experience or internet hearsay.
It most certainly does. There's a point of diminishing return but there is a night in day difference in say an H1/T1 and the Primary Arms micro or that backwards EoTech clone. Even Marshall from PA will admit this. I will say I run 2 PA Micros on lower use rifles and like them.

You'll never see "actual stats" because there is a stark difference in end user. You won't see an 11B topping off his M4 w/ a Benchmark RDS. There's a reason. Just like the people who say there isn't a difference will likely never pass the threashold that seperates good and bad.

That's why it's nice there are varying levels of quality. I really didn't want to spend $600 on a H1 for my .22 AR. The PA gets me close enough to not alter muscle memory.
mjkeat is offline   Reply With Quote