View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 12:20   #66
fredj338

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batesmotel View Post
I am an NRA certified instructor for metallic cartridge and shot shell reloading. When students push me on ways to go cheap, like dippers instead of scales, old cans of powder, used dies of questionable quality Etc. All to save money. I ask one question.

Right now, put a dollar amount on your eyes and fingers then tell me if that amount is higher than the amount you are saving by going cheap?
It's exactly what I preach, I am also a NRA Inst. You want to go cheap, buy cheap dies & even cheap press, but spend your money on a good scale & measure. It may not matter much loading midrange load for the 223 or whatever rifle, but it can be huge in pistol loading w/ uberfast powders, where the diff between starting @ max is less than 0.5gr.
"Given adequate penetration, a larger diameter bullet will have an edge in wounding effectiveness. It will damage a blood vessel the smaller projectile barely misses. The larger permanent cavity may lead to faster blood loss. Although such an edge clearly exists, its significance cannot be quantified".

Last edited by fredj338; 10-09-2012 at 12:21..
fredj338 is offline   Reply With Quote