View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 16:40   #140
Louisville Glocker
Urban Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamster View Post
I pay my accountant ungodly sums of money for the IRS stuff, because it isn't possible for someone who doesn't spend all day studying tax law to get it 100% right every time.

I'm not saying people should disregard the law... I'm just saying there comes a point when the number of laws becomes so large that even those with the best of intentions can't know or follow them all.

In the mean time, we all do our best I guess.
Yeah, but it is actually quite simple. If you're going into a state where you don't know the law, click on http://www.handgunlaw.us/ and spend five minutes reading. Wow. It isn't a full time job. If you can't spend five or ten minutes checking out laws then I start to question your level of responsibility. None of us know every single law, but we can get it 99% right, and then use best judgement for the rest.

My bet is the guy gets off with no charges filed. Maybe probation on a misdemeanor and a court costs fine.
Louisville Glocker is offline   Reply With Quote