View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 10:36   #26
molar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhgeyer View Post
So the winner is: "Tolerance Stacking". I think that's what someone called it. Not one issue in every case, but sloppy QC all over the system. Bad extractors, bad slides, bad EDP's, and who knows what else.

"Buying a Glock is like a box of choklits - you never know what you're gonna' get. My mama told me that".

I guess that's what I'm going to believe from now on about Glock. And I don't think Glock is the only company doing this.
Yep. Voyager is absolutely right about the slot for the extractor being machined too far forward in some new 9mm glocks. It makes perfect sense and would explain why 99% of the time erratic ejection occurs, it is a model 19.

It seems some folks are having issues with just the extractor being out of spec and replacing the extractor solves all ejection problems. I consider them lucky.

If one has to use the 30274 ejector to get decent ejection, then I suspect an out of spec slide is at play. In my gun, it appears that the case mouth is dropping down early during the extraction phase, hitting the ejector at different points each time, thus leading to erratic ejection. It appears the 30274 is just a band aid fix by altering ejection enough to compensate for the poor hold on the case by the extractor. I bet Glock knows that some of their slides are out of spec but don't want to replace them because that would be very expensive compared to a new ejector.
molar is offline   Reply With Quote