View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 05:31   #67
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesee View Post
2 Points:

I have hunted all my life and have never seen a reason to carry a handgun in the woods or back country. Sure sign of someone who is uncomfortable there or just trying to play make believe.

And. When I carry in a car, the gun is unloaded and packed in a case.
That must be great. Personally, it has been many years since I've been hunting without running into at least one trespasser - even been held at gunpoint by one (I assume I was at gunpoint, since I never actually got a look at him). For the wackos and criminals in the woods, I keep a handgun concealed because it's fast and concealed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesee View Post
Carry a pistol while scouting before season in some parts of the country I can understand. Carrying a long gun pre-season may get you written up. But during season? Never.
Seems important to you...why? I have a gun on before I go in the woods and after I come out - why would I take off my jacket and take off my gun (usually a shoulder holster) just to leave it behind? Seems like a pretty silly rule you just made.

Last edited by Bren; 10-08-2012 at 05:34..
Bren is online now   Reply With Quote